Research and Innovation
Grandview Kids is an active supporter and collaborator in disability studies and rehabilitation sciences. Our Research and Innovation Committee is a collaborative of internal experts, a Family Advocate and our Grandview Kids Research Associates. Together, our Committee identifies important topics to research and creative ways to inform practice.
The Grandview Kids Research and Innovation Committee:
- Maritza Basaran, Research Coordinator and Knowledge Broker (Chair)
- Dr. Taryn Eickmeier, Executive Lead of Research, Innovation and Knowledge Mobilization
- Janicka Auguste, Research Assistant and Speech-Language Therapy Assistant (Recorder)
- Dr. Shannon Knights, Developmental Pediatrician
- Dr. Heather Shearer, Family Advisory Committee Member
- Dr. Meghann Lloyd, Grandview Kids Senior Research Associate
- Dr. Fiona Moola, Grandview Kids Research Associate
- Heather-Ann Burrel, Registered Dietitian
- Lindsay Gurr, Physiotherapist
- Nicole Jones, Autism Therapy Assistant
- Vareesha Khan, Speech-Language Therapy Assistant
- Leslie Suite, Director of Clinical Services (Ex officio)
To access our list of new research study opportunities, click here.
Collaborate with Grandview Kids
Grandview Kids can support your recruitment
If you would like Grandview Kids to promote your research project, please complete the Grandview Kids Application for Approval of a Research Study. Please ensure you have received approval from your local Research Ethics Board prior to submitting your request. Requests are reviewed monthly by the Research and Innovation Committee. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your research and innovation with Team Grandview
Team Grandview hosts a monthly Lunch and Learn or Journal Club. If you are interested in presenting your research to our interdisciplinary clinical and medical teams, please get in touch with email@example.com.
Promote your innovation to Team Grandview
If you are a start-up or vendor looking to share your invention, innovation or product with members of our clinical and medical teams, please complete the Innovation Application form. Requests are reviewed monthly by the Research and Innovation Team, with demonstrations available in-person or virtually.