Enhanced infection prevention measures for families
New measures are in place to keep your family, as well as Team Grandview, safe during your visit:
1. One caregiver per visit
Whenever possible, Grandview Kids will request that only one caregiver may accompany their child for their appointment. By having one caregiver present, we will reduce the risk of potential exposures. We recognize that this is not always an option, especially for families who require siblings to attend appointments. As such, exemptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. In any case, all family members must abide by our screening and masking requirements.
2. TrakrSafety Health Screen
Within two hours before the start of your in-person appointment, Grandview Kids now requires Within two hours of starting your in-person appointment, Grandview Kids now requires one member of the family to complete the online Trakr Safety Health Screen. One screening is complete per family. You will be asked to show the “passed” screen on your phone when you enter the Grandview Kids site. If you do not have a phone with you, you’ll be asked a series of questions by our screener/greeter volunteers or your clinician. If any member of your family attending the appointment does not pass the screening, you are asked to return home, contact your healthcare provider and call Grandview Kids to rebook your appointment.
3. Masking Requirements
When attending in-person appointments, we ask that clients and caregivers wear a surgical mask provided by Grandview Kids. The screener/greeter volunteers or your clinician will ask that you sanitize your hands, remove the mask you entered with, and put on a new surgical mask. You can continue to wear your own mask if you wish, but you must place the surgical mask underneath the mask you enter with. This extra step helps reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 within our sites. This enhanced measure applies to all clients and caregivers who can tolerate wearing a mask.
4. Proof of vaccination for parents and caregivers
Grandview Kids is committed to protecting the high-risk population we serve by implementing rigorous infection prevention and control measures. Starting January 17, 2022, all parents/caregivers attending an appointment with their child/youth will be asked to show their Ontario Enhanced Vaccine Certificate (or proof of an active medical exemption) alongside a completed Trakr Safety Health Screen.
Research has shown us that being vaccinated is one of the best ways we can protect ourselves and others from COVID-19. Being ‘fully vaccinated” means you have received two COVID-19 vaccines, with the second dose received at least 14 days ago.
You may download your Enhanced Vaccine Certificate here. Step-by-step guidance for accessing the Enhanced Vaccine Certificate is available on the Durham Region Health Department website. We also created our own resource, walking you through how to access your Enhanced Vaccine Certificate here on the Grandview Kids website.
Exemptions to this policy will be made on a case-by-case basis, ensuring every child and youth has access to the care and services they need to reach their full potential.
Preparing for your appointment at Grandview Kids
- Before arriving at Grandview Kids, ensure you have downloaded your Enhanced Vaccine Certificate and have a copy on your phone or printed.
- Within two hours of arriving for your appointment please complete the TrakrSafety Health Screen. Click here to complete the TrakrSafety Health Screen.
Arriving at Grandview Kids
- Please arrive ten minutes prior to your appointment and text the number associated with the site you are visiting:
- Main Site – 600 Townline Rd S., Oshawa: 289-675-1019
- Ajax Site – 570 Westney Rd S., Suite 17, Ajax: 289-675-0279
- Paul Dwyer – 590 Rossland Rd W., Oshawa: 289-675-0285
- S.A. Cawker Public School – 16200 Old Simcoe Rd, Port Perry: 289-675-1562
- Knox Christian School – 410 N. Scugog Crt., Bowmanville: 416-989-2598
- Airport Blvd. – 1320 Airport Blvd., Oshawa: 289-675-7339
- Whitby Mall – 1615 Dundas St E., Whitby: 289-675-4659
- Abilities Centre – 55 Gordon St, Whitby: 905-665-8500
2. In the text message, provide the following information:
- Parent/Caregiver’s first name
- Child’s initials
- Time of appointment
3. Once you submit the information above, please stay in your vehicle until one of our team members calls you to enter the building.
4. Upon entering the site, please show your passed TrakrSafety Health Screen to our screener/greeter volunteer or your clinician, who will also scan your Enhanced Vaccine Certificate or view your exemption documents.
5. You will be asked to sanitize your hands and your child’s hands. You will be given a surgical mask to wear during your visit. You may place your own mask on top of this surgical mask. Adults must be masked for the duration of their visit. Children over the age of 2 are expected to wear a mask, if able.
6. View the Health Screen below ahead of your visit.