Caring for a child with special needs can leave some parents/guardians feeling isolated and alone. The individuals on our Family Engagement team are full of insight and lived experiences, and they would love to connect with you. Through the Family Engagement Program, parents have the opportunity to connect with other parents who share similar experiences of parenting a child who has special needs.
As soon as you’re connected to Grandview Kids, you have access to a number of helpful services, even while awaiting assessment or treatment. We are here to support you from day one! Please contact the Family Engagement team via email to email@example.com for more information.
Family Engagement Offerings
Now that you have been connected to Grandview Kids, you have access to a number of helpful services, even while awaiting assessment or treatment. Our passionate Family Engagement Team – comprised of Grandview Kids parents and grads – is here to support you from day one! Please review the list of services offered by Family Engagement below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|Paperwork Parties (workshops)||In-person help with any of the following applications and processes:|
· Special Services at Home (SSAH) – respite funding
· Assistance for children with Severe Disabiilities (ACSD) – provides financial support for low to moderate income families to cover some extra costs of caring for a child with a severe disability
· Easter Seals Diaper Credit – Children 3-18; incontinence of supplies, such as diapers, pull ups, swimmers and catheters including straight, Foley and drainage bags
· Access 2 Card Program – Discount card for all ages and types of permanent disabilities that require the assistance of a support person
· Ontario Autism Program (OAP) – Children under the age of 18, diagnosed with Autism
· Disability Tax Credit – Non-refundable tax credit that helps persons with disabilities (help complete the first page only, requires a medical professional to complete)
· Interim One-Time Funding – Support to complete online OAP funding application, once family receives invite
· Childhood Budget Consolidation – Support to complete paperwork once funding year is over (OAP audit)
|Binder Bootcamp (workshop)||In-person help to organize medical information/reports|
|Online Parent Support (OPS)||Facebook support group for parents/caregivers of a Grandview Kids child; networking, mentorship, support and resource navigation offered, weekly coffee chats|
|Resiliency Group||Facebook support group (runs 1-2x a year for 13 weeks). Focus on building personal resiliency|
|All About Me publications||Support families to create an “all about me” document to share with peers, teachers, teams etc. (good for school transitions)|
|1:1 meetings||Provide peer support, share resources, informal mentoring|
|Networking/Events||Opportunities for family networking: Sensory Santa, Accessible Halloween, park play dates, coffee chats, resource fair etc.|
|Family Leader Program||Group of parents who volunteer on various advisory councils, providing feedback on Grandview Kids programs, services and New Build, plan and coordinate events, and more. The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) consists of clients and siblings, providing feedback on Grandview Kids programs and services, event planning and more.|
Join our online support group for parents/guardians of Grandview Kids!
If your child is currently receiving services at Grandview Kids, you are eligible to join this closed (non-public), members-only group.
A Facebook account is required.
Then click on “Join Group” near the top right-hand corner.
Anyone can request to join the group, but only those verified as parents/guardians of Grandview Kids will be approved to join by the Group Administrator.
You can speed up the approval process by sending an email to the Group Administrator (email@example.com) with your child’s name and/or client number.
How to Access Grandview Kids Family Engagement Services and Supports
Please contact the Family Engagement team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.