Our commitment to privacy
Grandview Kids commits to protecting the privacy of clients and families. We collect and use client health information to provide the best care possible. Our staff and students understand and respect client privacy rights. Grandview Kids follows the Personal Health Information Protection Act of Ontario and all laws related to privacy.
Who can use and see your personal health information
Your personal health information must be kept private and secure. You or your Guardian/ Substitute Decision Maker can use and see it. Your personal health information is shared among the people who provide you with care. We may collect, use and give out your personal health information to others to:
- Provide you with health care,
- Communicate with or consult other health care providers or students in training for your health care,
- Get payment for your health care, including from OHIP and private insurance, and
- Report as required or permitted by law.
There are certain other circumstances where we may be required to give out some of your personal health information. If you want to know more, please visit our Access and Privacy page.
Your rights and choices
You or your Guardian/Substitute Decision Maker person have the right to:
- See and get a copy of your personal health information;
- Ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal health information;
- Ask us not to give out your personal health information to other healthcare providers – we will not give out this information unless required or permitted by law to do so; and
- Be told if your personal health information is stolen, lost or improperly accessed.
Fundraising and marketing
Grandview Kids Foundation is dedicated to raising money for Grandview Kids to help pay for programs, services, equipment, research, and other client and family needs. The Foundation is only given your name and address and may send you mail from time to time. It does not buy, sell or trade donor lists.
Other important information
We are required to keep your personal health information safe and secure. We will get your permission before we give out your personal health information to others:
- Who want to offer you their products or services, or
- For certain research projects where your consent is required.
Who can you talk to about your decisions?
Where you give us permission to use or give out client information, you may change your mind at any time. However, sometimes the law allows or requires us to give out your information without your permission. To make your choices, please contact our Privacy Office.
Contact Grandview Kids’ Privacy Office
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please visit the Access and Privacy webpage, or you may speak with the Privacy Office using the contact information below.
600 Townline Road South
Oshawa, ON. L1H 0C8
Toll-Free: 1-800-304-6180 extension 2685
The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario is responsible for making sure that privacy law is followed in Ontario. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with Grandview Kids and wish to make a complaint, contact:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A8