What to bring
Please make sure only one caregiver attends your child or youth’s appointment.
- Whenever possible, Grandview Kids requests that only one caregiver accompany their child for the appointment. By having one caregiver present, we reduce the risk of potential exposures. We recognize that this is not always an option, especially for families who require siblings to attend appointments. As such, exemptions are made on a case-by-case basis. In any case, all family members must abide by our screening and masking requirements.
Bring your child or youth’s valid Ontario Health Card – for all Medical appointments.
- If their card is expired, please renew by visiting the Service Ontario website. You receive will receive a new card with a new “version” code, which is the two letters at the end of your health card number.
- If you are seeing a doctor or attending a medical appointment, the government requires you to bring and present your child’s up-to-date Ontario Health Card.
- If your child doesn’t have an up-to-date, valid Ontario health card, your doctor may not be able to keep the appointment with you.
Any special equipment currently being used by your child or youth.
Ensure your child or youth is dressed in comfortable clothing.
When you arrive
Before arriving at Grandview Kids, please complete the Trakr Safety Health Screen online.
- Within two hours before the start of your in-person appointment, Grandview Kids now requires one member of the family to complete the online Trakr Safety Health Screen. We will ask you to show the “passed” screen on your phone when entering the Grandview Kids site. One screening is complete per family.
- If you do not have a phone with you, you’ll be asked a series of questions by our screener/greeter volunteers or your clinician. If any member of your family attending the appointment does not pass the screening, you are asked to stay at home, contact your healthcare provider and call Grandview Kids to rebook your appointment.
- Main site: 600 Townline Road South, Oshawa, 905-728-1673
- Ajax site: 579 Westney Road South, Suite 17, Ajax, 905-728-1673
- Paul Dwyer site: 590 Rossland Road West, Oshawa, 905-728-1673
- S.A. Cawker Public School site: 16200 Old Simcoe Road, Port Perry, 905-728-1673
- Bowmanville Health Centre site: 222 King Street East, Bowmanville, 905-728-1673
- Airport Boulevard site: 1320 Airport Boulevard, Oshawa, 905-728-1673
- Whitby Mall site: 1615 Dundas Street East, Whitby, 905-728-1673
- Abilities Centre site: 55 Gordon Street, Whitby, 905-728-1673
When you enter Grandview Kids:
- Show your passed TrakrSafety Health Screen.
- Sanitize your hands and your child’s hands.
At your first appointment, you will meet with one or more of our staff who will conduct an assessment of your child’s needs. In order to determine what your child’s strengths and needs are, we’ll ask you several questions. Your answers will help us determine the best way to help you and your child. If you are already involved with another organization, you are welcome to invite a representative to attend the assessment with you.
After the assessment, we’ll discuss the results in detail with you. If appropriate, we’ll recommend service(s) for your child.
Although there are waiting lists for some of our services, our staff will make every effort to begin treatment with your child as soon as possible. If other community programs or agencies are available to help your child, we will provide you with the names of those organizations and their contact information.
Your input as parent/guardian is vital. We encourage you to share any comments, questions or concerns you have about your child with us.
Due to government funding criteria, some programs and services are limited to children of certain ages and diagnoses. Your child’s therapist will be able to provide you with more information about eligibility for service. The Social Work Services team at Grandview Kids is available to help families with the transition to other community services.
What if I need to cancel my child’s appointment?
When you need to reschedule an appointment, notify us! Please call us at least three days before your appointment, so we can offer the time to another family. To reschedule, please notify us at 905-728-1673. Repeated missed appointments will result in a service review by our clinical services team or a clinical manager, as required.