1,200 books have been added to Grandview Children’s Centre’s ‘Free to Read’ program thanks to a generous donation from students at Oshawa’s Coronation Public School.
Boxes of books were delivered to Grandview’s Oshawa location on June 27 by a group of grade four and five students from Coronation’s Junior Leadership Team. The books were collected over the course of the school year through a series of book drives. The team of students got the word out through advertising in the school’s halls and organizing and putting on announcements over the school’s PA system. Their goal was to gather as many donations as they could. We think they did just that!
Grandview Kids is so grateful for their efforts. Many clients will now get the chance to bring a book home thanks to the students’ hard work.
Check out more Grandview Kids articles
- Speech and Hearing Month – Social ABCs
- National Brother’s Day – Maritza and Jamie’s Story
- International Day of Families: Debbie and Elliot’s Story
- Grandview Kids welcomes Dr. Fiona Moola as a Research Associate
- Grandview Kids launches electronic self-referrals on the Ocean eReferral Network