Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Grandview Kids. Grandview Kids volunteers offer invaluable support with therapy and recreation programs, special events as well as greeting clients on their arrival to the Centre.
All Grandview Kids volunteers are provided with:
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing support and guidance from staff
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to a child’s well being
- Varied responsibilities
- Fun and rewarding experiences
- Formal and informal recognition
Here are just a few of the ways by which Grandview Kids’ volunteers make a huge difference:
- Meet and Greet: Help us welcome clients and families on their arrival at the Centre; answer questions, telephone calls and assist with administrative tasks. Computer skills are an asset in this position.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Help children and youth with a wide range of activities including; sports, arts and crafts, community excursions, special events, and camps. Activities take place both at Grandview Kids and in the community.
- Childcare: Assist with the care of siblings and clients while their parents attend on-site education or therapy sessions.
- Special Events: Assist Grandview Kids at special events that benefit clients through the work of the Grandview Children’s Foundation.
- Therapy Groups: Provide motivation and support to clients who are participating in physiotherapy and occupational therapy groups.
How to Become a Volunteer
To apply for a volunteer position with Grandview Kids you must do one of the following complete our online application form:
- Grandview Kids staff carefully screens and interviews all of its potential volunteers
- the minimum age requirement is 16 years
- a Criminal Record check including the Vulnerable Sector is required for all successful applicants
- all volunteers are required to make a weekly commitment for a minimum of three months
Get in Touch!
For further information, contact Grandview Kids’ Volunteer Co-ordinator:
- 905-728-1673 x 2355 or toll free 1-800-304-6180 x 2355
All applications received will be reviewed. Based on the volume of volunteer applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Grandview appreciates your interest in helping our children and youth!