On August 24, 2020, the Durham Region Transit (DRT) is changing the way they service areas where routes were temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 shutdown, and where demand is expected to below. This includes the area currently serviced by route 411, the route many clients take to reach our main site at 600 Townline Road South in Oshawa.
In these areas (including route 411), DRT will be offering a new “On Demand” service, which will provide DRT customers with mobility options.
Availability for Urban On Demand Services:
• Weekdays: 0500 to 2400.
• Saturdays: 0700 to 2400.
• Sundays: 0700 to 2200
The instructions for booking a trip are as follows:
Customers will be able to book a trip via a downloadable app, or by calling 1-866-247-0055.
Customers will need to book a minimum of 2 hours in advance, and can pre-book up to a week in advance.
More information, including a new system map and route-specific information, is available on durhamregiontransit.com.
Article updated: March 15, 2021
Check out more Grandview Kids articles
- Speech and Hearing Month – Social ABCs
- National Brother’s Day – Maritza and Jamie’s Story
- International Day of Families: Debbie and Elliot’s Story
- Grandview Kids welcomes Dr. Fiona Moola as a Research Associate
- Grandview Kids launches electronic self-referrals on the Ocean eReferral Network