COVID-19 vaccine resources for families
The Government of Canada has made COVID-19 Vaccines available for all eligible children ages 5 to 11 years. Grandview Kids is proud to provide families, parents and caregivers with useful information from verified sources to help support their children with the vaccination process.
Resources for parents and caregivers
Review these resources to help understand what you can do to address common concerns regarding vaccination.
- Government of Canada Vaccines for children: COVID-19
- Sick Kids COVID-19 Learning Hub
- University of Waterloo COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines for children
- Improving the vaccination experience: A guide for parents and caregivers – the CARD System
- Needle pokes: Reducing pain with comfort positions and distraction
Resources for caregivers and children
Review these resources with your child to prepare them for their COVID-19 vaccine.
- Grandview Kids – COVID-19 Vaccine Checklist
- Grandview Kids – COVID-19 Vaccine Social Story
- Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies – Max the Vax
Get your questions answered
Talk to your healthcare provider to get your specific questions about the COVID-19 vaccine answered. You can also contact the following agencies for support.
- Ontario Vaccine Confidence Line: 1-833-943-3900
- Ontario Vaccine Confidence Line Text Telephone (TTY) for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impairment: 1-866-797-0007
- Sick Kids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service
- Scarborough Health Network VaxFacts