COVID-19 vaccine resources for families
Resources for parents and caregivers
Review these resources to help understand what you can do to address common concerns regarding vaccination.
- Government of Canada Vaccines for children: COVID-19
- Sick Kids COVID-19 Learning Hub
- University of Waterloo COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines for children
- Improving the vaccination experience: A guide for parents and caregivers – the CARD System
- Needle pokes: Reducing pain with comfort positions and distraction
Resources for caregivers and children
Review these resources with your child to prepare them for their COVID-19 vaccine.
- Grandview Kids – COVID-19 Vaccine Checklist
- Grandview Kids – COVID-19 Vaccine Social Story
- Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies – Max the Vax
Get your questions answered
Talk to your healthcare provider to get your specific questions about the COVID-19 vaccine answered. You can also contact the following agencies for support.
- Ontario Vaccine Confidence Line: 1-833-943-3900
- Ontario Vaccine Confidence Line Text Telephone (TTY) for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impairment: 1-866-797-0007
- Sick Kids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service
- Scarborough Health Network VaxFacts