Do you know a Grandview Kid who will be attending college or university this Fall 2019?
Our educational partner, Campbell Children’s School, is offering its annual “I am a Promise” Scholarship Award to past and present Grandview Kids planning to attend post-secondary education in the Fall of 2019! This award was created by Ruth Althouse, the former principal of Campbell Children’s School.
The purpose of the “I am a Promise” award is to encourage and assist students with physical disabilities and/or speech disorders who are entering or continuing post-secondary education.
- The applicant shall be a former student of Campbell Children’s School and/or a former or current client of Grandview Children’s Centre.
- The applicant shall have made application to attend a Community College or University in September or the applicant is returning to a Community College or University in September.
How to Apply:
Applications or Nominations must be submitted by May 31, 2019, and indicate the Community Colleges and/or Universities to which the student has made applications.
The application can be found here: I am a Promise Application Form.
Send the award application or nomination to:
Campbell Children’s School Authority
600 Townline Road South
A Selection Committee consisting of a minimum of three people representing Campbell Children’s School, Grandview Children’s Centre, and the Founder, will review the applications and choose up to two people who meet the requirements. If more than one recipient is chosen, the Committee will decide on the financial allocation of the Award.
Please advise the committee when you know to which Educational Facility you are accepted. Award(s) will be presented in June.
For additional information, please contact, Campbell Children’s School: 905-576-8403 and check our I Am A Promise Eligibility document.
Check out more Grandview Kids articles
- International Epilepsy Day – February 12
- Introducing AlayaCare, our new Electronic Health Record
- Rare Disease Day – February 28
- Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week – February 7 to 14
- Feeding Tube Awareness Week – February 5 to 9