Foundational Family Services
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) focuses on the interaction between a person’s actions/behaviours and the environment around them. This workshop discusses how ABA can be used to teach new skills and/or change existing behaviours that are socially significant to an individual or their family. Parents and caregivers will learn about:
- What ABA is and who can use it
- The assessment process for an ABA based program
- Functions of behaviour (or why behaviour happens)
This workshop is led by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) and an Autism Therapy Assistant (ATA). Registrants will have the opportunity to participate in discussions and ask questions.
Foundational Family Services are available to persons under the age of 18, and their families, registered with the Ontario Autism Program (OAP). When you have registered, you will receive a receipt that contains the link for your secure Zoom meeting.
- Cost: Free
- Length: One session – 1.5 hours
- Pre/co-requisites: Zoom account, computer/tablet, internet access
- Intro to ABA Handout
Ready to register? Please select an upcoming workshop date below.
- Thursday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. – Intro to ABA
Note Grandview Kids uses the website My Community Hub to support registration for all Foundational workshops.
Handouts for OAP Parent Workshops: