Inspiring possibilities for children and youth with special needs
Providing services and support for children and youth with special needs and their families to achieve their personal best
Values are our foundation and govern our actions. We strive to reflect them daily in our work with children, youth and families with our community partners and with each other. They shape our culture:
- Caring and Commitment: Being kind and compassionate; Knowing what we do makes a difference; Relentless attention to safety and quality.
- Whole Child and Family-Centred: Recognizing the needs of the whole child and family and providing service respectful of family life balance; Appreciating that family members are the consistency in a child’s life and so are at the centre of the services we provide; Seeking the input of families to shape our work.
- Trust and Respect: Believing our clients, families, partners, volunteers and employees have capability and competence; Valuing diversity of background and perspective.
- Innovation and Continuous Learning: Fostering a “culture of inquiry” and inspiring each other to advance our capabilities; Being flexible and innovative to accomplish goals.
- Accountability: Doing what we say we are going to do; Being clear and open in all of our communications; Monitoring, improving, and evaluating all we do; Continuous pursuit of efficient and effective use of resources; Dedication to well-planned, responsible, ethical decisions on behalf of those we serve.
- Excellence: Advancing our clinical capabilities and organizational practices to deliver integrated, evidenced-based and results-oriented child and family-centred services; Leading the way in our field.