Project Type: DBF – Design Build Finance
Infrastructure Type: Children and Youth Services
Contract Value: To be announced following Financial Close
Estimated Value for Money: To be announced following Financial Close
About the Project
The vision for the new Grandview Children’s Centre is to support the seamless and coordinated provision of family-centred care for children and youth with physical, communication and developmental needs and their families in the Durham Region. The new Grandview will be an open, welcoming and inclusive community based paediatric facility supporting an integrated mix of rehabilitation, medical and clinical services, education and research activities.
Once complete, Grandview will consolidate its existing main site in Oshawa and multiple satellite locations into the new purpose-built facility located on 5.6 acres of land donated by the Town of Ajax. Grandview will maintain three satellite locations to reduce extensive travel times for some clients and their families.
The new Grandview Children’s Centre will include:
- Centre-Wide Therapy Services: occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-language pathology, recreation therapy, audiology, infant hearing, blind low vision, social work;
- The Ontario Autism Program and services;
- Developmental Paediatric Medical Services including specialist medical clinics;
- Campbell Children’s School;
- Family resources services;
- School-based rehabilitation services, and;
- Preschool outreach program.
Community and Green Benefits
- The larger, fully accessible facility will allow Grandview to expand or enhance existing services and introduce new ones
- The new facility will also provide Grandview with capacity to serve more patients and families as the population of Durham Region continues to grow
- Infrastructure Ontario Website– “Grandview Children’s Centre Redevelopment“
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Grandview Children’s Centre makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Grandview Children’s Centre, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Grandview Children’s Centre at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Grandview Children’s Centre be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.
Filtering Tags for IO Project landing page
1465 Harwood Avenue North, Ajax
Latitude: 43.886640 Longitude: -79.036370
P3 / Major