Groups and Workshops
Support Groups: facilitated by Registered Social Workers
Providing a safe, compassionate and respectful environment where eligible parents and caregivers come together to share experiences, gain insight and develop a healthy support network.
- MUM’s Group: Mothers Understanding Mothers: for moms of children with a disability. Meets twice monthly.
- Complex Needs, Complex Parenting: for parents and caregivers of children with high medical needs including medically fragile, technology-dependent, palliative care. Meets October to February.
- The Breakfast Club: for parents and teens. Information sharing, networking and support.
Informative Workshops: facilitated by Registered Social Workers
Providing opportunities for eligible parents and caregivers to meet other families and gain valuable information related to disability.
- Link 'n’ Learns: topic-based workshops offered throughout the year to provide parents with information and resources relating to common issues. Sibling Issues: October 2013. Life after Grandview: August 2014.
- Connections/New Connections: for parents and caregivers of children who have received a new diagnosis, to provide support, resources and information. Eligible families will be invited to attend sessions throughout the year.
- Stepping Stones to School: for families of children with a disability who will be entering kindergarten in the coming school year. A 4-part series on building relationships with the school, developing education plans and understanding supports available once your child enters school. This program is held yearly.
Therapeutic Groups: facilitated by Registered Social Workers
Providing opportunities for Grandview Kids to receive support, develop friendships and build tools to assist them throughout their childhood and youth.
- Celebrating Me!: a fun-filled group promoting healthy self-esteem, and building strategies to handle some of life’s challenges. Throughout the group, kids will identify and celebrate their many strengths and qualities. 5-week session for eligible school-aged kids: April 2014
- Girls Group/Spa Day: this joint Occupational Therapy / Social Work Services group provides teen girls with an opportunity to learn about self-care and self-worth. There are many opportunities for the girls to share their thoughts, learn new information and be pampered! Held three times per year: October 2013, February & May 2014
- Super Sibs!: this group provides an opportunity for brothers and sisters of Grandview Kids to meet other siblings, share feelings and experiences, and develop strategies for effective coping and building a positive relationship with their sibling. October 2013
- return to Social Work Services