Family Resource Centre
Grandview's Family Resource Centre is generously supported by:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our Family Resource Centre is temporarily unavailable while the headquarters of Grandview Children's Centre in Oshawa undergoes some renovations. The Family Resource Centre will re-open on Wednesday, February 3, 2016. Thank you for your patience.
Featured topic: ANXIETY
Drop by the Family Resource Centre at our Oshawa site and check out the following featured resources on the topic of anxiety:
- What to do when you worry too much: A kid’s guide to overcoming anxiety: escorts children and parents through the cognitive-behavioral techniques most often used in the treatment of anxiety. Sparkling metaphors and illustrations make the concepts and strategies easy to understand; this interactive self-help book is a resource for educating and motivating the changes that could help ease the worries away.
- Wilma Jean the worry machine: activity and idea book: offers a variety of creative anxiety-reduction strategies to help give children the tools they need to feel more in control of their anxiety, with over 20 creative activities and strategies that can help lessen the severity of anxiety in children.
Where is the Family Resource Centre located?
- in the waiting room at the main site of Grandview Children's Centre in Oshawa
- some resources are also available at the Ajax and Whitby satellite locations of Grandview Children's Centre
What resources are available?
- books including popular titles, topics and authors
- DVDs and videos
- magazines and booklets
- brochures for services available at Grandview Children's Centre, and additional services in the community
- forms, including: Disability Tax Forms and Accessible Parking Permits
- and more
Can I view a list of Grandview's resources online?
- view a list of all our resources >> updated: March 30, 2015
- use the tabs at the bottom of the list to locate resources at our Oshawa, Ajax and Whitby sites
- note: some resources on this list may currently be on loan to families
Who can borrow materials from the Grandview Children's Centre Family Resource Centre?
Full use, including borrowing privileges, is available to:
- families and other caregivers of Grandview Kids currently receiving services at Grandview Children's Centre
- staff of Grandview Children's Centre
- staff of related agencies providing service to Grandview Kids
Any member of the community (such as high school students studying disabilites) may visit our Family Resource Centre to view materials on-site; however, only those listed above may borrow and remove materials from Grandview Children's Centre.
How can I borrow materials?
All books, DVDs and videos must be signed out including your name and phone number. Loan periods are as follows:
- books: 3 week loan
- DVDs and videos: 1 week loan
Please be considerate to other families when borrowing from the Resource Centre. Thank you for returning all borrowed materials within the expected time frame.
You may receive a reminder call for overdue borrowed materials.
More questions about resources?
Call the Family Resource Centre: 905-728-1673 x 2293 or toll free 1-800-304-6180 x 2293
Online Resource Centres
Additional online resources compiled by other Ontario Children's Treatment Centres in the Greater Toronto Area: